Why choose Medical weight loss?
- Advice from a doctor about your treatment options
- Guidance on how best to achieve lasting weight loss
- Close follow-up by the same doctor throughout the program
- Doctor with a particular interest in overweight and obesity
- Flexible approach according to your wishes and needs
- Access to qualified doctors, physiotherapists and psychologists
A sustainable weight loss
Our objective is to support individuals in reducing the risk of lifestyle diseases associated with excess weight and obesity, while simultaneously promoting improved physical and mental well-being. Through personalized weight counseling, combined with the utilization of safe and scientifically validated medications, our aim is to help you achieve long-term weight loss instead of pursuing rapid, short-term solutions.
The causes of obesity are complex
The solution is not always as simple as eating less and moving more.
- Obesity is a combination of genetics, physiology, environment and the brain's complex interplay.
- When we understand these factors and the challenges that come with them, we will be able to achieve a lasting and safe weight loss together.
- Obesity should be treated as a chronic disease and is not the result of a lack of self-control.
Requirements for use of medical weight loss:
- You must be over 18 years of age
- A BMI value above 30, or alternatively a BMI value above 27 with a weight-related comorbidity such as diabetes, sleep apnea, elevated blood lipid levels, or cardiovascular disease.
- Exclusions include being pregnant, having pancreatitis, or undergoing treatment for diabetes.
How it works
Assessing the state of health and taking samples to determine whether it is safe for you to use weight-reducing medicine.
Reply from doctor
You will receive a message in Pasientsky within 5 days about whether you have qualified to start the medication.
Ongoing monitoring of your weight loss journey, including assistance with managing side effects and providing guidance on nutrition. The frequency will be determined collaboratively between you and your physician.
Assessment session (40 min)
- Comprehensive assessment of disease and weight history
- Measurement of weight, height, waist measurement and blood pressure
- Blood tests to detect health risks
- Written report and information about medicines
- Possible digital prescription
Follow-up (20 min)
- Initiation/follow-up of your weight loss plan
- Initiation of medical treatment if granted
- Follow-up of side effects
- Dose adjustment
- Personal guidance from your doctor
An interdiciplinary approach
We at Dr.Dropin are committed to taking an interdisciplinary approach to weight loss.
Our physiotherapists and personal trainers can assist you with treatment, follow-up, and guidance for taking care of your body, regardless of your starting point. You can also receive individually tailored treatment and training programs with us.
If you need someone to talk to about big or small issues, you can speak with our psychologists. We have psychologists with experience in areas such as overeating, lifestyle changes, stress, self-esteem, life challenges, and more
Appointment at Fysical services
- Physiotherapists and personal trainers with experience in weight-related matters
- Treatment, follow-up, and guidance
- Appointments available both in the clinic and via video calls.
I'm already on weight medication. Can I get follow-up?
If you are already taking weight medicine, but want to have quality-assured treatment and/or receive further follow-up from us, you can still start a course with Dr. Dropin.
Book an assessment session in the booking process.
Do you need to prepare for the first consultation?
It is not a requirement to make preparations, but it may be a good idea to have thought through the following: your health and weight history. What do you wish to achieve with this program? Do you have any regular medications or known illnesses that the physician should be aware of?
What if I don't have the opportunity to meet physically?
As of today, we only offer a physical offer in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger and Trondheim. We are working on creating a digital offer so that we can offer the program regardless of where in Norway you live, which we will hopefully have up and running shortly. If you have any questions about weight loss, our general physicians are available for video consultations to provide guidance.
How long does it take before I get a response from the doctor after the first consultation?
Analysis of the blood sample takes up to 5 days. The doctor will then make an overall assessment as to whether you are qualified for the weight medication. If you meet the requirements, a digital prescription will be sent out and a message in Patient Cloud to collect the first dose from the pharmacy and take it with you to the follow-up appointment.
If you do not qualify for weight medicine, the doctor will also create a dialogue with you in Patientsky.
What happens if you do not qualify for the medicine?
The main point of the survey is to check whether it is safe for the patient to use weight-reducing medicine, and the patients' health always comes first. If, for various reasons, the patient does not meet the requirements, you will be notified of this in Patient Cloud with information and advice on the further process.
What does the medicine cost?
You pay for the medicine at the pharmacy. The medicines have different prices, but based on the preparation, dose and quantity, you can expect a cost of between NOK 1,500-3,000 a month. The price is determined by the Norwegian Medicines Agency, and Dr. Dropin has no influence in this.
Do I have to take the medicine for the rest of my life?
Our goal is always for our patients to be able to stop taking the medication. We emphasize working with lifestyle changes in the treatment process, so that better diet and physical activity become part of everyday life while the medication is taken. When the goal is reached, you work closely with your doctor to draw up a plan that ensures a successful tapering of the medication without weight gain.